DOCUMENT ATTESTATION SERVICES:
In order to facilitate the general public, Gerry’s VDB have been authorized by Ministry of Foreign Affairsto receive documents for attestation (except Power of Attorney) from Ministryof Foreign Affairs and all its Camp Offices located at four provincial headquarters.
Gerry’s provides convenient andhassle free document handling services for applicants seeking attestation oftheir documents hence avoiding long queues at the Ministry premises.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs verifies the signatures of concerned attesting authorities. These documents include:
- Documents issued by various authorities of central, provincial and local government which are intended to be used abroad or submitted in Foreign Missions in Pakistan;
- Documents verified/attested by our Foreign Missions which are intended to be presented in Pakistan
Who can present documents for MOFA attestation?
- The applicant himself or his family member with authority letter;
- The person presenting the documents on behalf of his relative is required to show his/her original ID card/Passport/Driving License/University Card/School Card/Domicile/Office Card or any of his valid ID.
- If no family member of the applicant is residing in Pakistan, the applicant is required to produce an authority letter duly signed by Pakistan High Commission abroad to the authorized person to be brought at the counter along with other related documents.
What documents are attested by MOFA?
- The Ministry only attests documents in Urdu and English versions. Document or its translation in any other language other than English is not attested.
- Documents once attested, will remain valid forever and hence will not be re-attested.
- Attestation made by the Camp Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, Karachi has the same weightage and authenticity as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and hence, will not be re-attested.
- Photocopy or translation of any document will be attested when original document is presented or it is attested by a gazetted officer of BPS-17 or above.
Documents Not Acceptable for attestation:
Following documents in original as well as the copies of these documents arenot attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as these do not fall under thepurview of the Ministry:
- ID card
- Documents related to immoveable property (i.e. Registries of the plots and agriculture land etc)
- Document to be attested (with procedural requirement/pre-requisite completed as per attached list)
- CNIC copy of the applicant
- Authority letter from the applicant in the name of representative
- One copy set of above documents
PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENT FOR ATTESTATION OF DOCUMENTS:
|S.No.||NATURE OF DOCUMENTS||PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENTS|
|1.||Nikah Nama (Urdu)||Seal of Nikah Registrar; copy may be issued by concerned Secretary Union Council or Chief Officer or Tehsil Municipal Officer or Executive Officer of Cant Board.|
|2.||Birth Certificates(Urdu)||Issued by Secretary Union Council or Chief Officer or Tehsil Municipal Officer or Executive officer of Cant Board.|
|3.||B. Form(Urdu)||Issued by NADRA or old B.form having the stamp of District Registration Officer (in original)|
|4.||Character Certificate||Issued by District Police Officer|
|5.||Medical Certificate||Issued or countersigned by Medical Superintendent of any Govt. Hospital|
|6.||Death Certificates(Urdu)||Issued by Secretary Union Council alongwith ID card Cancellation certificate issued from NADRA or the concerned registration office.|
|7.||Divorce Certificate(Urdu)||Divorce Certificate should be issued by Chairman Arbitration Council of the Area or the Court judgment regarding dissolution of marriage should be presented for attestation.|
|8.||Unmarried Certificate Affidavit Union Council Certificate||Affidavit from Parents and an unmarried certificate from Secretary/Nazim Union Council should be attached with the affidavit.|
|9.||ID card Cancellation Form (Urdu)||Issued by NADRA or District Registration Officer.|
|10.||Driving License||Original Driving License has to be presented at the counter alongwith NOC issued by concerned License Issuing Authority. Only original NOC is attested. Copy of CARD driving license is also attested.|
|11.||School Leaving Certificate (Urdu)||School leaving certificate of Class I-IX countersigned by District Education Officer and Class X attested by Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC).|
|12.||Secondary School Certificate||Attested by IBCC|
|13.||Higher Secondary School Certificate||Attested by IBCC|
|14.||Diploma of One year duration and short courses||These certificates first have to be attested by National Training Bureau (NTB).|
|15.||Bachelors and Masters Degree||Attested by Higher Education Commission (HEC).|
|16.||Degrees/Diploma Certificates relating to
PMDC Reg., etc. Experience Certificates
|All the documents have first to be attested by the Ministry of National Regulations and Services. The MBBS degree has to be attested by HEC.|
|17.||Diploma of Paramedical professionals,
Nursing Diplomas etc. Experience Certificates)
|All Nursing related documents first have to be attested by the Ministry of National Regulations and Services.|
|18.||Succession and Guardianship Certificate||Issued by the Civil Judge of the Civil Court.|
|19.||Special Power of Attorney from Pakistan to person Abroad||Power of Attorney should be presented alongwith Succession Certificate and Guardianship Certificate. To get the attestation the executant(s) has to be present in person to sign the Power of Attorney or it should be registered with concerned Sub-Registrar of the Revenue Department.|
|20.||Power of Attorney from Abroad to a person in Pakistan||Person authorized in Pakistan has to appear in person with original ID card to get the Power of Attorney attested from MOFA.|
|21.||Documents relating to commerce/trade||Attested by the concerned Chamber of Commerce and Industry.|
|22.||English translation of all above mentioned documents||Translation from the approved translation house by the concerned Embassy/Department will be accepted.|